Tuesday, August 08, 2006


BOSCAWEN PARK, TRURO (6TH AUGUST)




SEED

(Reviewed by Jocky Slingback)

Never heard nothing about this `ere Seed band before, but I likes them now! Just two lads with a couple of guitars giving it some welly on a sunny Sunday afternoon as I sips me Oirish cider in the shade of a mixing desk. Bit of a jangle, bit of a sing-a-long - everthings good in the world. Suddenly out of the blue, there comes a cover version of Ween`s `Piss up a Rope` and I can hardly believe me ears! There`s a swearing, rude bits and all; all manner of naughties being broadcast to the world on this the Lord`s day. Little toddlers and old folks alike were fed this naughty song, with nowhere to hide their ears.

Fabulous stuff!!

I couldn`t have had a bigger chuckle at the outrage these two lads created around me. Disgusted of Wadebridge was steaming when I goes to get a top up, so I says to `e - "bugger orf if you don`t loiks it mate!" and I think he did after that, cos I didn`t see him again... mind after all that sun on me head and all that foriegn cider, me eyesight was starting to fuzz a bit anyway.

But them Seed boys are excellent, and I`m off to get their seedy cos I loiks them so much.

Have a listen!

(Photos by Gerald; a friend of Jocky Slingback who doesn`t like cider, but is alright apart from that)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jocky Slingback is a rude drunken eejit!

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home