Sunday, October 15, 2006


GIGS IN OCTOBER 2006

SOLO RECORDS, TRURO (14TH OCTOBER)






COUSINRED

(Reviewed by Jocky Slingback)

Right, these here boys play some lovely music y`know. I got in that there Solo record shop and one bugger was already playing a solo on his guitar! It sounded like Pink Floyd back in the Dark Side of the Moon days, but then it all changed and I got meself a wiff of some Marillion as the new songs these Cousinred-types were exposed to a willing public.

See I comes to browse the music selection of this `ere record shop to maybe pick up the latest platter from them crazy buggers The Wurzells and what do I find? Loads of youngens listening to some free music blaring out.

I loiks it!

A record shop that gives you free music? It can only be a good thing in my book, and Cousinred were just what the doctor ordered on a boring Saturday afternoon. And let me tell `e another thing, that Anj can sing y`know. When the guitarist (Mart) gives him space and the bassman is in tune, (Rob, you naughty man!), these chaps have a lovely light touch about `em. They were `ere to promote their new e.p. called `Obscurity` and I gotta say, I couldn`t think of a better way to spend me time ...so I stayed a bit.

I were expecting some god awful heavy metal mental racket like them nutters, Derek Tregunna and his Herpes from Hell Band, but were pleasently surprised with their performance. ...so pleasently surprised in fact, that I bought one of them there new CDs and retired to the pub for a ponder and a pint. After which, I have trouble remembering what `appened.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

(Photos by Lord Itchfield)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home