Wednesday, November 29, 2006

THE BURNING QUESTIONS - PSYKIC FARMERZ


Name of Band - Psykic Farmerz, aka the piss kick wankers aka the fizzkick pharmacy aha no1 can spell our name on flyers.

bEz: Before we start i'd just like to apologise on behalf of dj buddy b who couldnt attend this interview.
I'm sure he's deeply gutted and in a way..we all are.... That guy can really talk. If he was here you'd probably need more pages... anyway...

Where does the name come from?

bEz: from the deepest realms of our stupidly corrupted minds. we actually thought of it in asutralia... so.. musta been the heat. blame the ozzies.

Juraff: wot bez said, but add some spinich, i'm sure i was baked
bEz: no doubt mate

Booking/contact details - www.myspace.com/psykic farmerz or call 07877 297052.
BRING THE LOVE! We'll play anywhere. If you dont have a phone or the internet you can contact us by standing in the street and clapping 3 times while humming the theme tune to rocky.

Names of members of the band and instruments played - Dj Buddy B - using the 1 and the 2's aka the decks to scratch and cut some lovely noises during the live show. bEz + Juraff - the mic is our instrument! Verbal communication, a way to touch without hands.

What has been the highlight of the 2006 for you?
bEz: for me I'd say supporting Coolio at Barracuda. It was the biggest crowd we've played to, like 600 +.. and good to get our name to the "masses" aha. Shit I also liked our beach cafe gig not long ago, it was like a home comming thing. yeh.
Juraff: yeh coolio was pretty dope

What does xmas mean to you?
bEz: um..... watch the cash. spend a day with the family. Have an excellent piss up on xmas eve. "man last year went well quick"..
Juraff: A day off.
bEz: ahahahahaaa

What was you best ever xmas present/memory?
Juraff: Just being with family, the normal christmas gatherings around a tree and opening of presents which i'd end up breaking later that day.

bEz: hmmmmm. I remember I got a wicked orange mountain bike when i was
about 11. does that sound gay? who cares It was the best thing ever. You couldnt stop me, i was like a wobbley version of superman. Turns out the breaks were shit but I'm alive to reminis the good times.

Who is your musical inspiration?
Juraff: hmm, who inspired me to start rapping was cypress hill, but musical inspiration comes from everything around me could be anyone i meet, or a place or something that's happened in the past.

bEz: Loads of stuff really. hip hop wise it has to be quirky stuff like ugly Duckling, combined with the rawness of Cypress hill, plus a bit of wu tang chopped up in a bowl with some Braintax and Foriegn Beggers. Sprinkled with some tasty green. I find loads of other music influences too, like old Sinatra classics, great for sampling. Oh and s club 7... yeh... they`re like amazing raw hardcore head nodding shit.

Where do you see yourself in ten years?
Juraff: Out on the street, homeless, still carrying with me a poster of memories from the past, telling passer bys, how I used to be famous, as they look upon me with disgust and spit in my face.

bEz: Musically I doubt we'll be doing it, not cos I'm negative, but unless we get signed or something I can't see us persuing it past the age of 30. Our kids would just laugh at us. Imagine your dad rapping... exactly.

What are your plans for 2007?
Juraff: to take it as it comes, I've not actually thought about it.

bEz: I have... we want loads of gigs. we want festivals, we want big support slots, we want an new ep in January. we want more radio play, we want to be busy and spread the psykic word. we want groupies to chase us down the street so fast that their clothes fall off so by the time they reach us they`re all just naked and damn we'd have to succumb to them because we're just that nice.

Best venue in Cornwall?
Juraff: I dunno, they all come with different experiences, I like each place we've been too.

bEz: The Stannary is good when full up. Maybe not for us because we'd never fill it, but for a big band the stannary can be pumping. I also like the Koola bar for hip hop gigs.

Recommend a book to the world - Richard Branson Biography. Great advice for anyone with ambition who
doesnt mind taking risks.

Juraff: Aint read a book in ages, am a thicko.

Recommend an album -
Juraff: Cypress hill, temples of boom, such a great album to chill too.

bEZ: Fugees The Score. I'm old school. Never get sick of that one.

Half full or half empty?
Juraff: Neither, no such thing.

bEz: Depends how much coke you have with your JD. but if you add ice... does that count? was this question an attempt at trying to get us into some deep spiritual discussion? we failed? nah wait you failed!

A message to your fans -
Juraff: Buy our music and make us rich, I don't wanna work at asda anymore, nah only joking, hope you're all well and enjoy yourselfs at chrimbo, peaceeeee.

bEz: COME HUG US IN THE STREET. Jump on us.. girls kiss us... flash us... touch us. come to gigs! Tell your mum,tell your mums mum. Buy the EP! I need a girlfriend by the way so...

If you were a biscuit, what type would you be and why?
Juraff: no idea, soo many to chose from.

bEz: Hob Nob....... ahah this question has spun me out, so I can`t give you a reason right now. Instead I'll spit a free.
"yo, for me to be a biscuit I`d be crunchy and sweet, coming unwrapped give ya mum something to eat, dip me in a cuppa but u never seen me crumble, chocolate chipped with whipped cream pick my biscuits in the jungle, zippie and bungle type magical flavours, come in a packet like having a wank while eating quavers. save the day by consuming more snacks that a fat lady stuck on her back undernath a flat packed factory stack, of milky ways, my silky sprays make milfs think it was happy days, so pass the rich tea, quickly, so we can sip three cups of coffees and sniff green till infinity. aha. yeh."

PEACE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home